If you are dreaming of a bright white smile that will make your family and friends jealous, then I have got something for you. But there are so many toothbrushes in the market and how will you know what’s the best among them. Well, I will help you to know this. I have two top toothbrushes for you. While choosing an electric toothbrush, there are two most common options
- Oscillating toothbrush
- Sonic toothbrush
Both of these are amazing, with incredible results in removing plaque and making your teeth white, but each of them has its own benefit. We are here to choose the right one that is suitable for you and compare sonic vs. oscillating toothbrushes.
Comparison between sonic vs. oscillating toothbrush
Below I have a good comparison between sonic vs. oscillating toothbrushes. Our expert team has done several days of research to give the best suggestion for you. So you can choose your preferred one on the basis of your need.
Sonic toothbrushes have a small head and are perfect for those who have good brushing habits but want to improve them by power planning. Sonic is a top brand and producers one of the best oral health products. Along with it being so popular for its toothbrushes, they are also very famous worldwide because of having rotating and oscillating features to remove the dental plaque.
In addition, Sonic toothbrushes have a method that is called mechanical scrubbing. It means using a fluid dynamics Technology with high frequency and intense vibrations to agitate water and fluids in your mouth to reach beyond the place where a manual toothbrush can reach. It means that brushing with the Sonic toothbrush can cover most of the area of your mouth.
It also covers all the areas where it is hard to reach even bristles can physically reach such areas under the gum line and in between teeth. Due to added coverage and higher version speed, it’s hard not to see Sonic toothbrushes as one of the top brands.
Pros of a sonic toothbrush
Here are a few benefits of using a sonic toothbrush
- Its rotating and oscillating features make it unique
- It can easily reach beyond the place where ordinary oscillating toothbrushes do not reach.
- Cover most of the area in between teeth and mouth.
- It has another benefit that they can move a lot faster. It is estimated that a Sonic will brush about 30000 times per minute, which is much more compared to other standard oscillating toothbrushes. This fast movement means the removal of plaque fast.
Cons of a sonic toothbrush
However, a sonic toothbrush has a lot of pros, but there are a few cons as
- Besides being one of the best. Still, some people have reported issues like they are uncomfortable with sensation after brushing.
- It can be expensive for some people
An oscillating toothbrush has bristles that are arranged in the form of a circle on its head and oscillate back and forth continuously. Modern dental technologies have been incorporated over the years to get such an amazing 3D brush that combines vibratory pulsating and oscillatory motion.
Its brush had shown various movements making it perfect for removing plaque as compared to just a single head motion. They are the new addition in the dental world and show pulsating motion.
Pros of oscillating toothbrush
Here are some known benefits of using an oscillating toothbrush.
- Oscillating toothbrushes are generally a suitable option to remove food particles and filth in between your teeth
- Its action ranges from 2500 to 7500 rotations in just a single minute is much more than a manual toothbrush.
- This is what allows the oscillating toothbrush to remove a lot more plaque.
- They are made with high-frequency movements that create a non-contact training action like a regular Sonic toothbrush by moving the fluid in the mouth and cleaning all the area below the gum line where the bristles cannot easily reach modern technology can solve this problem.
- While using an oscillating toothbrush, you can concentrate on each and every tooth that is making it the perfect option for people who have a heavy-handed brushing style or a habitual to skip some areas of your mouth
Cons of oscillating toothbrush
Along with benefits, a sonic toothbrush also has a few disadvantages.
- Although some people reported that it could feel too harsh on their gums.
- It can be a bit more expensive as compared to other toothbrushes
General thumb-rule for tooth brushing
The general Thumb Rule for a good toothbrush is that it should clean most of your teeth. If you have receding gums or sensitive teeth, then Sonic progress is much more suitable for you because it is less harsh and provides a tranquil cleaning that insurance you not to feel irritation.
Once you have chosen the suitable one for you, just stick to a good oral health regime. You should floss on a regular basis, brush two times a day for 2 minutes and regularly replace the heads of your brush for optimal dental health
Winner of sonic vs. oscillating toothbrush
Now it’s time to announce the winner, but rather there announcing a single name, I will suggest that there are different pros and cons of both brushes. You can choose your preferred one depending upon your individual choice and which brushing motion you prefer. Both toothbrushes have shown prominent improvement in oral health, but significantly the Sonic toothbrush has proved to be more successful at removing plaque gum health and reducing gingivitis.
Whilst both sonic and oscillating toothbrushes offer excellent results. Dentists suggest both on the basis of the patient’s condition as we all have the correct to brush on the basis of our needs.