Do you know that mouthwash was discovered in 1895 as a surgical disinfectant? And from that time, it has got so popular that today mouthwash is used as an oral health essential.
It is required for proper brushing. Antibacterial mouthwash was created for maintaining good dental hygiene and has taken it to the next level. There are a lot of users who want to know which mouthwash is best.
So, here I have a comparison between Listerine vs crest mouthwash. Both of these are top mouthwash brands, but still, they have a lot of differences. Here I will clear everything you need to know about these two types of mouthwash.
Mouthwash is essential for dental health
Using a mouthwash can be a significant part of maintaining good oral health and improving your smile. It is capable of preventing several oral health problems. Mouthwash keeps your mouth clean and prevents gum disease by killing bacterial growth. Otherwise, the bacteria can impact gums and dental sockets.
It will prevent food particles’ build-up, remove plaque, strengthen tooth enamel, prevent tooth decay, and demineralize your teeth. Ultimately, it is not wrong to say that mouthwash is certainly important in maintaining a good dental hygiene routine.
Listerine vs Crest Mouthwash – Comparison
Here is a comparison between both types of mouthwash so that next time you can choose a mouthwash depending upon your need.
Listerine is a popular brand, and it is a favorite for those who want a mouthwash with raw germ-killing power as this mouthwash contains alcohol which is the main component of mouthwashes.
Some people can find a burning sensation in their mouth due to alcohol-based mouthwash, but it will aid in killing germs. This mouthwash has another option of the non-alcoholic variety. It is also very popular due to its similar fluoride profile. So, you can pick the mouthwash that suits you.
- Listerine is a top mouthwash for killing bacteria.
- Its antiseptic formula kills all the bacteria associated with periodontal disease and gingivitis.
- It leaves a clean and fresh mouth after-taste after mouth washing.
- It comes in several flavors and formulas, which are made specially to affect different aspects of oral care.
- It helps in preventing cavities, removing tartar, promoting healthy gums, and tooth whitening.
- It offers a zero-alcohol option for sensitive users, which has a specialized formula that won’t irritate your gums.
- It also comes in a variety of mouthwash that has all-natural ingredients.
- One of the biggest downfalls is that it moderately freshens the breath and does not have a long-time breath-freshening capability.
- It is not recommended to use it more than two times a day which means you cannot use it after every meal to clear out food particles and smell from your mouth.
- Using it to eliminate bad breath can often lead to having bad breath more often. It may be too Intense for a few people. It leaves a long after taste that can affect your meal.
It is formulated to kill the germs that can cause plaque, bad breath, and gingivitis. It provides important health benefits that any other ordinary mouthwash does not. It can kill 99% of germs and eliminates bad breath. Crest mouthwash is very famous among users due to its unique formula and mild essence.
- It does not contain alcohol, so it is easy to use for people who have sensitive gums.
- As it kills 99% bacteria, so far better than many other types of mouthwashes.
- Very helpful in removing plaque and helps to fight gingivitis.
- Its alcohol-free formula makes it easier to use, and recommended use is 30 seconds twice daily.
- Crest mouthwash kills bad bacteria and whitens teeth in 7 days.
- Toothbrushing along with mouthwash will remove surface stains.
- Its mild flavor freshers breathing and leave a long after effect, strengthening and whitening the tooth enamel. Mild and effective with no artificial added parabens and sodium lauryl sulfate.
- The FDA advisory panel recognizes it as effective and safe and meets the current ADA standards.
- It is reported to affect the taste buds and develop a sense of lack of taste in some people.
- It contains CPC that can cause temporary loss of taste or change in smell in a small percentage of people. But it goes shortly after the product is to stop using.
- It can cause bad after use, and it may last for a few days.