Quip is the most suitable electric toothbrush. Along with it, you get new brush heads and can change them when you need them. Over time you will need to charge the battery and replace it for the proper functioning of the quip toothbrush.
So, here are a few ways to explain how to open quip toothbrush for various purposes.
What is Quip toothbrush
Quip is a powerful battery-operated electric toothbrush. It uses sonic vibrations that will help you clean your teeth perfectly.
This brush has 2 minutes built-in timer and poses after every 30 seconds to indicate the replacement of a toothbrush in your mouth. It is approved by American Dental Association, making it a safe choice.
Using a quip toothbrush
Here are a few steps to use a quip toothbrush
- Hold the toothbrush at 45 degrees against your gum line at the place where your teeth and gum meet.
- Gently and slightly pull the brush all over your gum line. The vibrations of the toothbrush will clean the area completely. There is no need to forcefully brush your teeth in a continuous back and forth motion.
- Gently put a pea-size amount of toothpaste on the bristles. Do not turn the brush until it is inside your mouth. Otherwise, toothpaste will fall across the bathroom.
- This electric toothbrush has a built-in timer. So, you can spend an equal amount of time brushing every area of your mouth.
Batteries used in the quip toothbrush
- Quip electrical brush has a strong battery and is powered by a regular rechargeable AAA battery. You can easily remove and replace it.
- AAA batteries are easily available in the market.
- Swap your old battery by replacing the brush head, and a new battery will be enough for the next three months.
- Recharge battery
- To recharge the battery of the quip toothbrush, you need to take a battery, hold it upright, and the flat negative side must face down.
- Put a new battery into the quip slot, the negative side should be at the bottom, and the positive side should be faced up.
- Once you have put in the battery, now, hold the brush on the tabletop. Simply change the batteries, and your quip brush will be recharged easily.
How to open quip toothbrush for cleaning
- Gently grip the head and handle off the brush on opposite sides.
- The bristle must be facing away from your face.
- Your thumb should be on the dot of the brush and gently pull the head in an arc motion.
- Do not snip it backward and gently pull the motor out of the brush by lifting the wings and using your thumbnail to notch.
Changing the head of the quip toothbrush
You can easily take off the head of a quip toothbrush, all these steps will be very helpful to learn how to open a quip toothbrush.
- Remove the brush head
- Grip the head and handle of the brush in opposite directions.
- Bristles must be facing away from you. Place your thumb on the button and gently pull the head. Do not snap it directly. Rather, use arc motion.
- Remove battery and motor
- Pull the motor out by lifting the wings and using your thumbnail to notch. Once you have removed it, it grabs the handle and taps out the batteries out the brush.
- Wet the brush handle and the bristles of the brush head gently.
- Scrub the resultant toothpaste from the bottom area of the handle.
- Dry all other parts
- Suppose moisture is left after cleaning the motor. It will damage the motor and batteries.
- So, pat your brush before proceeding to the next step.
- Replace battery and motor
- If the old battery has finished, buy a new triple-A battery for the brush and place it back into the slot.
- After that, slide the motor inside the coil. Get a new brush head, and push the new head until it flashes with the handle.
- You will hear a dull click. Then press the “Q” button to test. If it works properly, you are all set.
Is a quip toothbrush worth-it
As compared to other rechargeable electric toothbrushes, the battery of the quip toothbrushes produces a lot weaker vibrations. So, it will not remove the hard plaque and discoloration. For that reason, it is not recommended for everyday use. Although it is a smart toothbrush, this toothbrush is soft and has a gentle effect on teeth. But if you have squeaky spots, it will not be suitable for you.
Is quip toothbrush better than Sonicare?
According to overall performance and design, the Sonicare toothbrush is superior if you want a suitable electric toothbrush for your daily use. It has more power and features that will provide you with better oral health as compared to quip.
Quip is suitable for those who like portable and lightweight toothbrushes without sacrificing their tooth-cleaning capabilities. Quip is a much cheaper and better option for sensitive gums and teeth.
So, Sonicare is much more powerful and offers a strong tooth cleaning with a smaller brush head. Quip can be a better choice. Additionally, it focuses on dental hygiene.